Thursday, June 22, 2023

My Railway Art and Craft!

 While learning about how our our railways came to existence, I made many drawings, and coach models on the way. I'll post all I've made, over here. More will be added soon!


Today, on 22nd of June 2023, I completed a drawing of the the First Electric Local of India, that ran between VT and Kurla on 3rd Feb 1925. This was quite a long project, partly because I took a lot of breaks, owing to school life. The photograph, was of the first electric local, on the Sandhrust Rd. elevated station, just before entering it. While the Local moves on the elevated tracks, the main line track move from below. One can see a bridge faraway nearly at the base of which, the elevated rail bridge touches the ground. On the right of the picture are the old Chawls.

The First Electric Local

Today, on 17th March 2024, I completed my blueprint like sketch of the first double decker coaches as used by the BB&CI Railway in 1864. These were Third Class coaches, and were aimed at providing some comfort to the traveler class often ignored.
1863 Double Decker Coaches





More to be added soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Journey on the Earliest Trains

Today completes 1 yr of me starting this blog. Last year, I had a desire to have my own blog, wherein I could express information with a gre...